New Graduate Opportunities
Whether you join the team as a staff nurse in one of our many departments such as Med/Surg, Emergency, PeriOp, Women's Health, Behavioral Health, Float and Telemetry; or as part of our Nursing Fellowship Program. Each and everything you do – from the routine to the extreme – has the power to change lives.
The Northwell Health Nursing Fellowship Programs offer a specialized orientation process to recent graduate or experienced registered nurses considering a career in a nursing care specialty. These specialized programs provide a strong foundation and the full complement of didactic and clinical experiences needed to develop competency in the specialty care arena.
The nurse fellowship experience at Northwell Health uses a blended learning approach to educate our nurses. The fellowship program consists of:
- Nurse leaders as mentors
- Essentials of Critical Care Orientation (ECCO), AACN’s web based critical care curriculum for adults and pediatrics as well as specialty core curriculum
- Professional seminars
- Associate Fellows - experienced unit specific nurses educated in the art of preceptorship of new graduate Nurse Fellows
- Master Fellows – masters and doctorally prepared educators providing education and guidance to the Nurse Fellows during the length of the Fellowship Program
- Simulation as a learning strategy. The elements of the fellowship program are educational interventions that can impact new graduate nurse retention, quality of care, and patient safety
The fellowships are a year in length in order to best optimize the nurse fellow’s learning experience; however, a two-year commitment to the unit of hire is required. BSN required.
Operating Room Nursing Fellowship
A variety of teaching methods will be used including lectures, workshops, independent study, role playing, case scenarios, and simulation. This training will run for approximately six (6) months and be broken into two separate parts.We also offer an Ambulatory OR Fellowship.
Pediatric Nurse Fellowship Program
Our Pediatric Fellowship Program offers fellowships in the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit, Pediatric Hematology/Oncology and Pediatric Emergency Department.
Oncology Nursing Fellowship Program
The Oncology Fellowship is an exciting new addition to our fellowships. It is a multifaceted 16 week program. It combines classroom, computer web-based training, simulation and preceptorship. It integrates inpatient and outpatient care for Oncology patients.
The William Randolph Hearst Critical Care Nursing Fellowship
This three-phase fellowship focuses on Critical Care within a selected range of specialties: cardiothoracic ICU, coronary care, medical ICU, neuroscience ICU, Post Anesthesia Care Unit, cardiac catheterization lab and surgical ICU.
Emergency Department Nurse Fellowship Program
- In addition, the fellows are educated in the care of neurological, cardiac and trauma emergencies, acquiring the skills they need to work in a high-acuity, fast-paced emergency department.